In this podcast, Peter and Bryan discuss heart rate applications in performance horses with Dr David Evans PhD BVSc who is a well respected Veterinary Consultant in Equine Sport Science and Honorary Associate Professor in the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney.
- The Truth about heart rate monitors.
- Is stride length important?
- Resisting fatigue and promoting stamina, what does this look like in a thoroughbred racehorse?
- Heart rate profile of Melbourne Cup horses.
- How to respond to the heart rate data.
- The dangers of training on a quick timeline.
- Heart Index difference to Heart Score.
Dr Evans is based in Australia as a consultant to horse owners and trainers, with a focus on practical applications of the science of equine fitness measurement and training.
There are many crossovers between horse breed types that all performance horse owners may find interesting, and a fascinating insight of the scientific theory to training a thoroughbred at the elite racing level.
Evans Science – https://www.facebook.com/evansscience
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss the facts about Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil.
What is the true definition of Cold Pressed?
What is the difference between Flaxseed Oil and Linseed Oil?
Why is a First Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil better for horse health than Raw / Refined Linseed Oil.
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss how a balanced diet can save you money.
Are supplements really required?
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss electrolytes for horses and are they really required? What about salt?