POWERFUL NATURAL OMEGA 3 BOOST
NATURAL STABILISED PLANT BASED OIL WITH ANTIOXIDANTS
Omega 3 is essential for overall health particularly beneficial for brain, nerve and muscle function, the immune system, coat/skin, joints and hooves. It cannot be made by the horse, they require it in their diet from fresh pasture or by adding to feed.
CEN OIL CONTAINS THE HIGHEST OMEGA 3 ON THE MARKET!
From pleasure to performance horses, CEN Oil is used successfully by horse owners all around Australia. Containing 60% Omega 3, CEN Oil provides a high-quality source of plant-based Omega 3 with a similar Omega profile to fresh pasture.
WHY USE CEN OIL?
WHY IS CEN OIL MORE EFFECTIVE THAN OTHER OILS FOR HORSES?
CEN Oil is the best oil choice for horses due to the high Omega 3 levels. Most oils contain Omega 6 and 9 but low Omega 3 (coconut oil contains no Omega 3 and is mainly saturated fat).
There are many oils available on the market with an unnatural Omega profile, having higher levels of Omega 6 to Omega 3 (which is opposite to what is found in natural fresh pasture. (1)(2)). This includes following oils:
- Rice Bran Oil (RBO)
- Sunflower Oil
Dr. Juliet Getty – highly regarded and internationally respected, independent equine nutritionist writes:
“Omega 3s block the formation of inflammatory molecules that are readily formed from Omega 6’s. Take a close look at the fat sources you are feeding to confirm that enough Omega 3’s are in the diet.”
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
No, it is not heating due to the nutrient profile containing no starch and sugar.
CEN Oil is a trusted high-quality source of Omega 3 for horses and will help reduce irritation due to the anti-inflammatory properties. To understand the cause of QLD Itch please see our article –
Yes, although CEN Oil is stable at temperatures below 30 degrees, keeping it in a fridge is even better to preserve the stability Omega 3.
For maintenance 10mL per 100kg Bodyweight daily.
Increase according to workload.
BASED ON 500KG HORSE
50mL – Maintenance
100mL – Light Work
150mL – Moderate Work
200mL – Heavy Work
INGREDIENTS AND STORAGE
All natural, no chemicals and formulated from high-quality Stabilised Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil with Antioxidants.
It is essential to store CEN Oil below 30°C. If storing in feed sheds, remove to a cooler place on temperature days above 30°C. All feed products should be kept below 30°C to maintain freshness and quality.
DOES NOT CONTAIN RESTRICTED ANIMAL MATERIAL.
100% NATURAL, NO CHEMICALS, NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS
(1) Wyss, U., Morel, I., and Collomb, M., 2006. Fatty acid content of three grass/clover mixtures. Grassland Science in Europe, vol. 11, 348-350.
(2) Dubois, V., Breton, S., Linder, M., Fanni, J., and Parmentier, M., 2007. Fatty acid profiles of 80 vegetable oils with regard to their nutritional potential. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, 109(7), 710-732.
(3) Hansen, R.A., Savage, C.J., Reidlinger, K., Traub-Dargatz, J.L., Ogilvie, D.M., and Fettman, M.J., 2002 Effects of dietary flaxseed oil supplementation on equine plasma fatty acid concentrations and whole blood platelet aggregation. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 16(4), 457-463.
(4) Hess, T. M.; Rexford, J. K.; Hansen, D. K.; Harris, M.; Schauermann, N.; Ross, T.; Engle, T. E.; Allen, K. G. D. and Mulligan, C. M. 2012. Effects of two different dietary sources of long chain omega-3, highly unsaturated fatty acids on incorporation into the plasma, red blood cell, and skeletal muscle in horses. Journal of Animal Science 90:3023-3031
(5) Abdelkarem, H.M; Fadda, L.H. 2017. Flaxseed and quercetin improve anti-inflammatory cytokine level and ins. sensitivity in an animal model of metabolic syndrome, the fructose-fed rats. Arabian Journal of Chemistry 10:2:S3015-S3020
(6) Vineyard, K. R.; Warren, L. K. and Kivipelto, J. 2010. Effect of dietary omega-3 fatty acid source on plasma and red blood cell membrane composition and immune function in yearling horses. Journal of Animal Science 88:248-257.