In this podcast, Peter and Bryan discuss young horse training with Dr David Evans PhD BVSc who is a well respected Veterinary Consultant in Equine Sport Science and Honorary Associate Professor in the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney.
- When is the best age to start training a young horse?
- The use of X-rays to determine readiness for fast gallops in young horses?
- What impact does the training have on their joints, tendons and ligaments?
- What factors does age or training method impact?
They have an in-depth discussion about the latest research through this literature review:
- Training Young Horses: The Science behind the Benefits by Alyssa A. Logan and Brian D. Nielsen Animals 2021, 11(2), 463; https://doi.org/10.3390/ani11020463
Dr Evans is based in Australia as a consultant to horse owners and trainers, with a focus on practical applications of the science of equine fitness measurement and training.
There are many crossovers between horse breed types that all performance horse owners may find interesting, and a fascinating insight of the scientific theory to training a thoroughbred at the elite racing level.
Evans Science – https://www.facebook.com/evansscience
In this podcast, 1st Episode of SEASON 5! Peter and Bryan discuss 5 key Winter feeding tips + Bonus Tips to help your horse thrive
In this podcast, Bryan interviews Tanja Kraus and Phil Monaghan about their ‘Gap Year Tour’ – 12 months of touring and teaching collaboration clinics! The
In this podcast, Bryan interviews Equestrian Influencer Eli from Elirose Equestrian about her journey with transforming her 8yo OTTB ‘Enzo’ into a consistent eventer, the