In this podcast, Peter and Bryan discuss young horse training with Dr David Evans PhD BVSc who is a well respected Veterinary Consultant in Equine Sport Science and Honorary Associate Professor in the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney.
- When is the best age to start training a young horse?
- The use of X-rays to determine readiness for fast gallops in young horses?
- What impact does the training have on their joints, tendons and ligaments?
- What factors does age or training method impact?
They have an in-depth discussion about the latest research through this literature review:
- Training Young Horses: The Science behind the Benefits by Alyssa A. Logan and Brian D. Nielsen Animals 2021, 11(2), 463; https://doi.org/10.3390/ani11020463
Dr Evans is based in Australia as a consultant to horse owners and trainers, with a focus on practical applications of the science of equine fitness measurement and training.
There are many crossovers between horse breed types that all performance horse owners may find interesting, and a fascinating insight of the scientific theory to training a thoroughbred at the elite racing level.
Evans Science – https://www.facebook.com/evansscience
In this podcast, Bryan and Dr Lena Clifford have a discussion on PSSM (Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy) in horses and the effect on their body systems.
In this podcast, Peter and Bryan discuss the time when your horse may need further supplementation of their base diet.They step through the products required
In this episode, Bryan and Peter review another challenging but fruitful year for CEN in 2021. Highlights of the year including new products, funny moments,