In this podcast, Peter and Bryan discuss young horse training with Dr David Evans PhD BVSc who is a well respected Veterinary Consultant in Equine Sport Science and Honorary Associate Professor in the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney.
- When is the best age to start training a young horse?
- The use of X-rays to determine readiness for fast gallops in young horses?
- What impact does the training have on their joints, tendons and ligaments?
- What factors does age or training method impact?
They have an in-depth discussion about the latest research through this literature review:
- Training Young Horses: The Science behind the Benefits by Alyssa A. Logan and Brian D. Nielsen Animals 2021, 11(2), 463; https://doi.org/10.3390/ani11020463
Dr Evans is based in Australia as a consultant to horse owners and trainers, with a focus on practical applications of the science of equine fitness measurement and training.
There are many crossovers between horse breed types that all performance horse owners may find interesting, and a fascinating insight of the scientific theory to training a thoroughbred at the elite racing level.
Evans Science – https://www.facebook.com/evansscience
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss the facts about Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil.
What is the true definition of Cold Pressed?
What is the difference between Flaxseed Oil and Linseed Oil?
Why is a First Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil better for horse health than Raw / Refined Linseed Oil.
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss how a balanced diet can save you money.
Are supplements really required?
In this podcast, Bryan and Peter discuss electrolytes for horses and are they really required? What about salt?